2 big leeks
300g turkey meat
125gr finely diced ham
2 crushed garlic cloves
20 cl white wine ((optional)
50cl chicken stock
2 tbs flour
2 rolls of puff pastry
1 yolk & milk for glazing
olive oil, salt & crushed pepper
1. Chop leek finely & crush the garlic.
2. In a casserole dish, fry up it all up in olive oil, on medium heat. Stir frequently.
3. Once softened add the diced ham & keep stirring until leek is lightly golden – Put aside.
4. In same casserole dish , add butter &, brown up turkey meat on high heat, stirring often until golden.*
5. Pour on white wine to deglaze the dish, lower heat, strap bottom of dish with wooden spoon, add on stock, sieve flour in & mix well. Leave it to thicken on low heat.
6. Mix leek to turkey mix, add salt & pepper.
7. Keep excess sauce, sieve it & put aside.
8. Butter an oven ware dish
9. Cover bottom of dish with pastry – Prick it with a fork.
10. Pour in mixture & cover with pastry, fold well border.
11. Mix egg yolk with & milk, brush all over pie to make it golden
12. Put in the oven for 45 min at 180°C.
13. At 2/3 of cooking, cover with tin foil.
Serve up warm, with warm sauce poured on top & a salad.